Refreshments are available freshly made on the premises during first and second break times. All students, years 7 to 11, must eat lunch at Academy. Facilities are provided within Academy to either buy a cafeteria style lunch or to eat their own packed lunch in specified areas. Our Academy meals are excellent, with a good choice of hot or cold food. If you think your child may be entitled to free school meals contact the Leeds City Council Benefits Helpline on 0113 247 7247.
Sample Daily Menu:
- Homemade Soup of the day: Leek & Potato Served with freshly baked French Bread rolls.
- Hot main meal of the day: Braised Steak Pie with puff pastry crust
- Vegetarian meal of the day: Quorn Stroganoff with Boiled Rice
- Potato Option (Carbohydrate): Fresh Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Fresh Vegetables: Mashed Swede and Braised Red Cabbage
- Sweet of the day available
- Meal Deal available offering 2 of the above for £2.05
- Salad Bar
An extensive selection of different salad choices is available from our fan-chilled salad bar. Salad variation alters daily.
Panini sandwiches are made fresh to order, various fillings available with frequent specials.
Cold Sandwich Bar
A large selection of healthy nutritious sandwiches, served on an extensive range of French, seeded and traditional breads, eg:
- Chicken Caesar Salad on Poppy Seed Knots
- Roasted Vegetable Fajita wraps
- Pastrami Beef with Salad on Foccacia
Fresh fruit is available daily with exotic variations, such as watermelon and fresh pineapple. These are proving to be very popular along with the more traditional fruits on offer.
All beverages available on site comply with government guidelines. New drinks ideas, like pure juice Smoothies along with freshly squeezed orange juice are available.
The Academy operates a cashless system for paying for Academy meals, using a computerised finger print registration scheme. Students "load" their accounts using the revaluation machines, located around the Academy, or parents can top up accounts via cheques or cash sent to reception. This system helps the Academy to monitor eating patterns to support our Healthy Schools Initiative.